Daniel Hobbin Estate Agents Torquay

Maintenance issue reporting

There are several ways you can report a maintenance issue if you live in a property managed by Daniel Hobbin Estate Agents:

Online (fastest option)

You can report maintenance issues for properties managed by Daniel Hobbin Estate Agents via our streamlined, online maintenance reporting system.

Non-emergency repairs reported online are likely to be handled faster than those reported by telephone or email. Whenever you can, provide a photo of the problem and be as descriptive as possible. In this way, we will be able to expedite the process and ensure the right contractor is available more quickly.

Report Maintenance

Telephone or email

Should you be unable to report your maintenance issue online, you may call us between 9am and 5pm on 01803 921 456 or email [email protected].

Emergency (out of hours)

For maintenance issues with properties managed by Daniel Hobbin Estate Agents, please call our emergency number (out of hours): 07496 544852

Further information

Fire or Accident

Call 999 or 112.

Never try to put out a fire yourself. In the event of a fire, you should evacuate the property immediately and contact emergency services. When you can, please contact us by phone.

Gas Leak

The gas should be turned off at the meter if you smell gas, suspect a leak, or if your carbon monoxide alarm beeps. If there is a leak or if an alarm is beeping, do not use naked flames or electrical switches. National Grid should be contacted immediately after leaving the property by calling 0800 111 999. You can then report this issue to us by email or telephone.

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

If your carbon monoxide detector goes off, you should immediately leave your property and contact the National Grid on 0800 111 999. Do not return to your home until it is declared safe. Check everyone's health for any flu-like symptoms that may indicate poisoning. Call 999 if these symptoms are evident. Open all your windows and doors to let fresh air in.

Water Leak

Find the stopcock on the property and turn off the water supply. When leaks are located near power outlets or lights, the electricity should be turned off. Water coming from above should be reported to the occupants above and the source should be shut off as soon as possible. If they are not home, leave a note for them to contact you. Please also notify your concierge/building manager if you have one. It is imperative that you contain the leak and any residual escape of water until we speak with you or our contractor. You should place a bucket beneath the leak and turn off any appliances connected to the water system, such as the washing machine and electric shower.

Interruption to your Water Supply

Water enters most homes through the kitchen, so check the cold water faucet in your kitchen. Verify that your stop valves are open and that your pipes are not frozen, and contact your neighbours if the issue is communal. In the event that you have tried all of the above without success, please contact South West Water (or your supplier) on 0344 346 2020. If there is no water in your area, you can check their website: https://www.southwestwater.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/drinking-water-services/why-do-i-have-no-water/.

Loss of power

In the event of a total power outage, locate and check your fuse box and trip switches. In addition, check with your neighbours to see if they have lost power as well. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact your supplier directly or call the UK Power Network's Fault and Emergency Information Centre on 0800 028 0247.

Check that fuses have not blown and circuit breakers are turned on if there is no power loss in the area or building. If any fuses were turned off, re-turn them on before plugging in all the items one at a time to determine the reason the power tripped. You can keep the problem item disconnected until it can be checked during normal working hours. Replace the faulty bulbs if needed. If you have a top-up meter system at your property, make sure it is topped up to at least £15.

No Heating or Hot Water

The following check list will help you determine whether your boiler functions correctly:

  • Make sure the pilot light is on and the pressure gauge is between 1 and 2. If it is below, the boiler is depleted and needs topping up.
  • Turn on your room thermostat (at least 21°C).
  • Have you turned on the thermostatic valves on your radiators?
  • Ensure that your property's gas and electricity meters are topped up with a minimum of £15 each.
  • In freezing weather, the condenser pipe on the outside may freeze. Please call for assistance.
  • The radiators may need bleeding if they're warm at the bottom but cold at the top.
  • Please let us know if you see a fault/code on your boiler.


Report this immediately by calling 999 or your local police station. You will be provided with an insurance crime reference number, as well as assistance with an emergency locksmith.